Welcome back to the Ember Isle. Part 1 of this quest guide can be found here. For your convenience, I have added map coordinates for many key locations in this installment. Let’s begin right where Part 1 left off– heading toward Forlorn Fen.
Area Seven: Forlorn Fen
- Find the Missing Scout
- Kill the Murderous Spirits 0/3
- Gather Corrupted Essences 0/8
- Place the essences on the Shrine to the Vigil
Port back to Wellspring Flats. The missing scout will be right behind the stone. While in the area, kill a Meddling Snapper to get:
- Kill Meddling Snappers 0/15
The Snappers pack quite a punch, so be careful about aggroing too many at once. Around that area, make sure and grab the Onslaught daily. If you’re having trouble locating the Sourcewell, look north of the Wellspring Flats Travel Stone, in the center of the ruins. Near the shore, there’s also a bag in the water with a quest. Here’s a screenshot:
- Collect Lost Belongings 0/6
Also near the shore, at [13048, 2515] you’ll find a blue guy named Pizko with a quest:
- Clear Forlorn Undergrowth 0/8
Clear out the bushes, then turn in the story quest at Fort Zarnost.
Area Eight: Tidewell Inlet
Hop over to Wellspring Flats and make your way to the new area. If you have the following daily from Ember Watch, keep an eye out for the giant conches:
- Use the Tidal Focus on Miasmic Conches and kill them 0/4
They’re distributed randomly around the land mass, in the water.
- Defeat Pyrkari Adversaries 0/5
- Reveal and kill the Pyrkari Lieutenant
- Report to Harold Genthrop outside Farhall
As you defeat the Adversaries and the Lieutenant, dwarves will help out. Don’t forget about the Tidewell Inlet Onslaught, located in the center area of the peninsula. Remember, if ever in doubt of the Sourcewell’s location– follow the invasions. As you make your way to the Onslaught area, you’ll run across a destroyed shrine at [13232, 2383] with:
- Destroy Shrines to Ithkus 0/4
Also in the area, kill a Tideflat Festerclaw to get:
- Kill Tideflat Festerclaws 0/10
While killing the Festerclaws, you’ll run into a wounded Keeper on a rock near [13458, 2313]. He offers:
- Save Weakened Keepers 0/4
Some of the Keepers will attack. After you’ve completed everything, head to Farhall. We’re finally done trekking back to Fort Zarnost.
Area Nine: Farhall
Harold Genthrop outside Farhall is at [13240, 2811]. He’ll give you a Spirit Infusion upon turning in your current quest, and supply you with its continuation.
- Speak with Joran Jinder
- Speak with Morrim Cripley
- Speak to Solya Karini at Farhall
Head down into the tunnel to find the main area of Farhall. You’ll find the Farhall Quartermaster at [13462, 2767]. Note: If you’re interested in lore books, there’s one by the Quartermaster, and one near Solya. Back to the quest. Solya has a few requests.
- Collect a Fire Mushroom and Make Mush Milk
- Drink Mush Milk to Prove Your Boldness
- Talk to Ancestor Torgin
- Lift the Giant Boulder to Prove Your Strength
- Fight the Farclan Elder to Prove Your Toughness
Pick a mushroom from the cavern, eat the Mush, then talk to a dwarf ancestor. The buff you get makes you sparkle like a reindeer. After that, lift a rock and fight an NPC.
- Collect Hardy Rocks from Farhall Crushers 0/4
- Collect Infused Water from Farhall Wavecallers 0/2
- Collect Bleached Bones from Farhall Skeletons 0/4
- Wash at the Ceremonial Basin
- Wear the Traditional Farhall Costume
- Pray at the Altar of the Vigil
- Create an Inert Malgam at the Forge of Creation
The Wavecallers are out into the open waters a bit. The Crushers and Skeletons are back on top of Farhall, where you originally came in. Make sure and grab the Porticulum port while you’re up top. Note: Miners can mine the Crushers and other rock enemies in the area. The Ceremonial Basin, shown in the screenshot, and Altar are back inside the cavern. Check your quest log inventory for the costume.
- Capture Escaped Pyrkari 0/4
- Return Escaped Pyrkari to the Pyrkari Pens in Farhall 0/4
- Find the Pyrkari Leader above Farhall
To Capture the Pyrkari, use the item when the mobs are at 50% health or less. Keep capturing until you have all four, then mount up and return them. The Leader is also up top.
- Collect a Pyrkari from the Pyrkari Pens
- Take the Pyrkari to the Forge of Creation
- Activate a Malgam at the Forge of Creation
- Defend Farhall with the Malgams
After activating the Malgams, follow any one of them and fight off the attackers that appear. For this quest’s reward, you’ll get your choice of some blue weapons as well as a Spirit Infusion. Solya will be your new story quest friend for a while, so get used to coming back here.
Area Ten: Fractured Plain
- Pick up the Empowered Relic
- Kill Goblin Diggers 0/5
- Bury Farclan Remains 0/4
- Destroy the Goblin Idol
- Spy on Karris
When you get to the last part, walk toward the bridge and click on the giant rock to hide. At [13479, 3103] you’ll run into an NPC with a daily:
- Win the race by touching the white circular checkpoints in order before the time runs out.
This is just like the sea cap race from a couple world events ago, except now you get to be an oreling. You may wish to do this quest later on, since it takes you to Splintered Shallows upon the race’s completion. Back in Fractured Plain, kill a Troglodyte Soldier, and get:
- Kill Troglodyte Soldiers 0/7
As you follow the road, grab the area’s Onslaught daily. The relic for the story quest is also nearby. At [13390, 3137], you’ll see a weapon rack with a quest:
- Collect Tarnished Weapons 0/5
There’s a daily you can do here if you have it from Ember Watch:
- Plant the Pillar of Renewal
- Defend the Pillar of Renewal
Any of the areas with the three pots work for this. There’s one more quest to grab at a skeleton at [13236, 3195]:
- Disassemble Ritual Piles 0/5
These look like piles of rocks. After you’re done here, travel back to Farhall.
Area Eleven: Splintered Shallows
- Explore the Sunken Pirate Ship
- Talk to the Ghost Pirate
- Collect the Skeleton
- Collect the Pirate Hat
- Return the Scattered pieces to the Ghost Pirate
- Defeat the Zombie Pirate
- Collect the Pyrkari Voodoo Doll from the Zombie Pirate
- Use the Pyrkari Voodoo Doll and Return the Powerful Pyrkari to Farhall
On your way here, feel free to do the race daily if you skipped it. The sunken ship is out on the far island. The pirate hat is in a chest that spawns a mob to kill. For the last step, make sure and do the other area quests before using the item, since you have to journey back to Farhall with the Pyrkari. Kill a pirate in the area for:
- Kill Pirate Minions 0/7
While you’re wandering around, make sure and grab the Splintered Shallows Travel Stone. It’s at [13728, 2955]. The Onslaught daily is on the island where you found the pirate hat. Also by the hat, you’ll find a piece of ship hull at [13747, 2748]:
- Recover Sourcewell Orbs from Ship Debris 0/5
On the southern peninsula of Splintered Shallows, there’s a pile of barrels at [13907, 2851]:
- Place Kegs of Rum on Pirate Bonfires 0/3
The rum’s a bit hard to see against the light-colored ships, so here’s a picture of it. The rum can be either on the ships or on the shore, but I found more on the ships. The fires are located all along the beaches. When you’re done, finish up the last stage of A Treasure Beyond Measure.
Area Twelve: Gilded Strand
- Talk to a Farclan Crafter
- Kill Golden Maw Generals 0/4
- Kill a Golden Maw Forgemaster and Collect the Shackle Key
- Use the Shackle Key to Free the Farclan Crafters 0/4
As you complete this one, you’ll run into the area’s Onslaught daily. Along the shore, kill either a Cyclops Crusher or a Hammertail Skink to get:
- Kill Cyclops Crushers 0/6
- Kill Hammertail Skinks 0/6
In a Golden Maw tent, you’ll find:
- Retrieve Armor Schematics 0/4
At [13843, 3115], between the Gilded Strand area and Fractured Plain, you’ll find a dwarf, as pictured, with:
- Shake loose and kill Earthen Crawlers 0/8
See those catapults? Shoot them, and spiders will break loose from rocks in the distant cliffs. Also, you can do an Ember Watch daily in this area if you happen to have it:
- Shatter Earthforged Deposits and destroy Slag Brutes 0/4
That’s it for this area. Stay tuned next week for the last installment of this guide: Part 3 and Area Thirteen: Fel Fields.