Originally posted by Daglar (Source)
Thanks for all the feedback folks and for coming out to see the first iteration on PTS!
The team is going through the feedback now and working out the next set of changes to Conquest. What you see on PTS today is not what will go live – this is a sneak peak, a work in progress, a place where we can show the early ideas and first iteration
I wanted to take this opportunity to answer a few things that were commonly asked or commented on during the match up yesterday.
- Faction Wide Communication – This is in it was the /1 or conquest channel. The channel was not obvious due to its default coloring being like every other chat channel.
- Faction Swapping – The NPC that allows you to reset your faction at will is not intended to go live. That was purely for PTS purposes. It also won’t be a lizard person in live!
- Faction Balancing – We have variables in place for this, but they were set far to high by default. We are tweaking this.
- Getting out of the Match – Yep we didn’t spawn the NPCs that let you out You were trapped unless you soul recalled or it ended.
- 40% control to initiate lockdown – Yep to low. You will see changes to this before it goes live.
- Requests for PvP Hotspots on the map – Those are actually in, but based on your zoom level on the map they may disappear.
Why didn’t we tell you all the details about how it works up front? There was a lot of confusion over how things work because we didn’t explain everything in detail. That was actually part of the point of the first test. We wanted to see how understandable things are at a basic level to help us identify where we need to streamline and tweak things.
Once again, thanks for playing and feel free to send in more feedback. The team is looking forward to getting changes in and getting another playtest up and running!
Lead Game Designer: Rift