During yesterday’s RIFT 2.1 Hotfix #2, there were a couple surprising additions. Cross-shard group invites, anyone? That should be a welcome addition for guild alliances and groups of friends across multiple shards. We also received a much-needed answer and action taken to the recent influx of bots in RIFT. Oh, yeah. And have you tried to jump off a mountainside since the hotfix? I think it’s safe to say that the overall amount of death tolls across all shards should decrease by a substantial amount.
In light of the hotfix, Trion’s team members were back to their normal, active selves on the official forums yesterday (even Scott Hartsman, who shared his enthusiasm for Trion’s bot-quenching plans). There were a couple interesting dev tracker posts regarding undocumented additions in the update. Keep reading to find out what they were.
First off, here are a few words from Daglar about the sudden lack of painful cliff diving adventures for Ascended. Some players thought that the rather huge gap between how far we used to be able to safely fall and how far we can now was unintended:
Originally posted by Tacitus (Source)
It is not a bug, I may have been a little vague on the release note I passed to Amary however.
Right now its a test. If it becomes permanent we’ll deal with things like the Dwarf Racial, Safe Fall, and the few PA’s that affect this.
A little vague? The patch note says falling is now “slightly more survivable.” I love Patch Notes that are good for a chuckle.
Pithos also confirmed some changes to guild weekly quests that didn’t make it to the Patch Notes:
Originally posted by Pithos (Source)
Yes, beyond the one listed change:
* Guild Quest objectives for Dungeon runs and Warfront wins now increment for each guild member involved, not just once
The following changes were also made to guild quests in this hotfix:
* The number of warfront victories needed to complete the weekly guild quests has been reduced (cut in half, in most cases).
* The number of kills needed to complete the weekly guild quests has been increased (doubled, in most cases).
* The guild level 21 to 24 normal dungeon completion weekly guild quests (generally, complete a specific normal dungeon 10 times) have been fixed and should now advance.
* The guild level 21 to 24 normal dungeon completion weekly guild quests now accept expert dungeon completions (of that specific dungeon) for credit as well.