If you haven’t checked out the Player Test Shard and the preview of RIFT‘s free-to-play Item Store yet, now’s a pretty good time to do so. If you’re feeling adventurous, you can even purchase Credits to check out the goods yourself. By purchasing Credits now, you’ll also gain all of the Credits back plus an additional 50-100% Credit bonus when the F2P system moves to our live shards on June 12th. Here’s the official announcement:
First – this test is entirely optional, we welcome anyone to help but don’t feel like you HAVE to use the store. You’ll have plenty of time to check it out too – this test will run all the way to June 11, that’s the day before Free-to-Play Launches.
Now, about the test!
At 5:00PM Pacific Time (12:00AM GMT) today, 5/31 we will be enabling purchases on the RIFT Store.
You will be able to purchase Credits and use those Credits to purchase any of the items available on the store. Any credits you SPEND will be reimbursed to your RIFT Store Wallet on June 12 with an additional 50-100% BONUS credits.
Credits that are not spent will remain in your Wallet & can be used on live after the release of RIFT Free-to-Play.
- To access the in-game store press the shopping cart button on the menu bar or press ‘]’ (default)
- The actual bonus amount will be at least 50% – up to 100% depending on the amount of Credits you spend.
- This means you will be reimbursed 150-200% of your total Credits spent on June 12.
- The items you purchase on PTS are not transferable – that’s why we’re giving you the Reimbursement + Bonus!
- You must have a valid form of payment associated with your account. If you’re currently a subscriber who uses a credit/debit card, PayPal or another offered payment service you’re good to go!
- PTS is being updated & will remain locked until we’re ready to begin testing the RIFT Store
- Currently, REX is not available for sale during this test
Thanks for your help – please feel free to post any questions or feedback below & learn more about RIFT Free-to-Play @ www.riftgame.com/free!