Last Friday’s Trion live stream extravaganza was a bit of a quiet one (but with fireworks that kind of made up for it!), but Dead Simon did deluge a few hints about RIFT 2.4 and about other future updates for the game. Some of this information has been hinted at or revealed before, but other tidbits are new. Here’s what we found out:
- RIFT 3.0‘s a long ways away, which is when we’ll be seeing the new souls revealed a couple weeks ago and lots and lots of water. Currently the team is planning for 2.0 to go up to at least 2.7, which likely means we’re talking many months or perhaps even a year before we see 3.0.
- RIFT 2.4 is an instance-packed update. The highlight of which, of course, will be the two new 20-man raids.
- We’ll also see a level 60 version of Realm of the Fae in 2.4.
- We’ll also be getting at least one (possibly two) new Chronicles in 2.4.
- Summerfest’s around the corner. Yes, we’re getting swimsuits this year.
- Fireworks from rifts will stick around for a week or two at least.
- Gloamwood and Stonefield are next on the list for quest simplification and restructuring (similar to the current leveling experience in Freemarch/Silverwood), which may include some random Carnage quests.
- Server transfers between NA and EU shards would be quite difficult for the team to pull off, and if Trion ever succeeds in doing so, said transfers may be a paid service.