During last Friday’s Trion live stream extravaganza, we found out all about RIFT 2.6. Faratha shared some information on Dream Weaving that we’ve already covered, but Simon and Faratha did mention a few new tidbits regarding the patch itself and other new features we’ll be seeing. Here’s what we found out:
- 2.6 will add in the rest of the Crucia story arc. Specifically, we’ll be getting a new air saga questline that consists of four arcs that include over 30 new quests.
- There’s also two new zone events that are part of the Crucia story arc– one fire and one water.
- There’s a bounty system being added. From the looks of what’s on the PTS so far, this will allow players to hunt down certain enemies for turn-ins that will be located in Tempest Bay. There is a series of new achievements for bounties as well.
- Faratha wants to add more goodies for guild dimensions in the future such as crafting stations, mailboxes, etc.
- We’ll be getting new macro icons in 2.6 that are based off the raid icons.
- We’ll be getting two more raid rifts and a new stronghold that includes a 5-man boss fight with three possible versions at level 30, 50, and 60.
- We’re also getting something Simon called Bindings of Blood. Hmmm, sounds interesting!