Trion’s live coverage at E3 is a few hours away, but yesterday, one of Gamebreaker TV’s reviewers got a sneak peek at some of the goodies Storm Legion has in store for us. They released a video last night. Take a look at the link below:
This sneak peek will presumably be what we’ll be seeing for ourselves in a bit. Here are some highlights of Gamebreaker TV’s interview:
- New Storm Legion continents are both larger than our current continent, essentially tripling the world.
- Speampunk-inspired dungeon design.
- A colossi was the main focus of the presentation (the guy in the title image, who is also being called Volan). Volan destroys the actual environment as he rampages around– bridges, walls, etc.
- Volan takes a unique strategy to defeat: multiple armor parts on him must be destroyed in a special order. Once certain parts are destroyed, new quest hubs and even dungeons may spawn (this sounds awesomely dynamic).
- Talk of a city spanning multiple zones (Tempest Bay?). The zones contain different areas of ruins, etc.
Gary called RIFT’s presentation the “coolest MMO presentation seen at E3 so far”. It definitely sounds awesome! We can’t wait to see it for ourselves, on RIFT’s livestream over on their Facebook page. The livestream will take place on Thursday June 7th at 12 PM PST. Check out all the details here!